Employment practice refers to a company’s hiring protocol, employee management, and workplace conditions. There are a number of issues that could arise in a workplace setting, including discrimination, sexual harassment, or low wages. A worker might experience personal injury from an on-the-job accident, like a vehicle crash or a slip on the stairway. Regardless of the cause, many workers end up suing employers based on employee management.
If you’re a Portland, OR area-based employer, here is how you can find legal protection from Einstein Insurance.
What is Liability Insurance?
Liability insurance is the kind of coverage that protects the customer from legal situations. Employee practices often cross over with liability due to the fact that many employees opt to sue their employers over workplace conditions.
Employee practices liability insurance (EPLI) is a niche field that specializes in covering employers who are being sued over workplace practices. This kind of insurance will cover legal fees, including any medical bills or lawyer payments that you incur while in court. At Einstein Insurance, our team will help pay for legal situations involving the following:
- wrongful termination
- workplace injuries
- unfair wages
- unpaid leave disputes
- hostile work environment
- discrimination based on sex, rage, age, or disability
Once you’ve made a claim for employee practices, an insurance agent should help you through this process with what to do.
Reach Out To Us
Looking for quality employee practices insurance in Portland, OR? Feel free to contact Einstein Insurance for more information. Our team would be happy to schedule an appointment for you right away. In addition to employers, our agency provides insurance services for auto owners, homeowners, renters, contractors, and business owners.
The majority of employees want to be more productive in their jobs. From improving your time management skills to setting achievable goals and creating a healthy work/life balance, there are some ways in which you can become more productive in your role.
One of the most important things that you can do to keep your employees happy and engaged is to help them to set achievable goals. Not only does this help them to make a greater effort at work, but it also means that they’re more likely to stay with the company for a longer period. Learn more tips from Einstein Insurance serving in Portland, OR. Below are some ways to enhance workers’ productivity.
What Are Some Employee Practices That Can Help Improve Productivity?
- Be efficient
- Reduce distractions
- Improve workplace conditions
- Practice positive reinforcement
- Have the right tools & equipment
- Offer support & set realistic goals
Building The Team
First and foremost, it is crucial to hire the right people. Ensure all candidates are a good cultural fit and have the necessary skills. Once your team is full of the right people, here are some other ways to improve productivity:
- Create a collaborative office environment by cutting back on endless meetings and replacing them with creative problem-solving activities.
- Invest in technology and equipment. It makes workers’ jobs more efficient and easier.
- Provide employees with a comfortable and healthy work environment, especially for those whose jobs are physically demanding.
- Invest in employee development and provide resources, training, and tools that will help them grow both professionally and personally.
- Provide a team-oriented work environment by reducing competition and increasing collaboration among employees.
Some of the most common productivity enhancers are setting goals, creating a positive work environment, learning new skills, delegating tasks, and taking regular breaks. Other productivity-boosting employee practices may include:
- Offering regular training to employees, especially if the company’s industry is continuously evolving;
- Offering company-wide surveys to employees to identify areas in which they can improve;
- Offering a flexible leave policy for new parents so that they can spend more time with their children;
Give Us A Call
Investing in your employees by offering internal training schemes is a great way to keep them engaged and motivated. You can also keep your team happy and productive by allowing them to learn new skills. Employees should continue to grow and develop their skills, especially in a fast-paced business environment. Einstein Insurance, a firm serving in Portland, OR, can get you started.